Luzian Lamm takes a horse-drawn postal carriage from Stockheim (Bavaria) to St. Moritz via the Julier Pass. He is a saddler and upholsterer. He looks for a job and finds work mending mattresses in the various hotels. A year later he opens a saddling and upholstering workshop in St. Moritz. In the next few years, this is followed by furniture and leather goods shops.
In 1935, he is able to take over the premises of the company Och FRERES, Zurich, with three sides of shop front in the center of St. Moritz. On two floors, he sets up his sports shop with a comprehensive range of skis, sledges, shoes and sportswear.
In 1955, his three children take over the furniture, leather goods and sports shops. Max Lamm senior takes over the Lamm sports shop in St. Moritz, Alfons and Trudi Lamm run the upholstery shop in St. Moritz Bad, and Mimy Kälin-Lamm moves into the leather goods shop at the Palace Hotel.
In 1985, after the death of their parents, Ruth and Ueli Lamm become the third generation to take over the shop at Via Maistra 15 in St. Moritz. The following years see an increasing shift of the business into the clothing sector, offering a broad range of fine knitwear and clothing made from luxury cashmere, for ladies and gents.
In 1989, the “Cashmere House Lamm” is opened at Pfisterstrasse 6 in Munich. It represents a smaller version of the shop in St. Moritz. The range concentrates on knitwear and accessories made from cashmere.
1990 sees a move to new premises at Orlando House in Munich.
In March 2007, the branch in Munich closes.
The fourth generation: Ulrich Lamm’s daughter Natascha joins the family-owned enterprise.